Vitamin B12

I give my daughter the sublingual B12 available at trivita.com ( hope I did not misspell).
I have friends who minored in biomedical engineering in college. They taught me how to seek resources to test her blood myself on the difference.
I against anything needle. I researched that with an B12 injection it took 2 hours to release in the blood stream . Research says the problem is this form is very hard to clear from the blood and upon testing her blood again 3 days later, I did notice 2 cells that had rancid particle of B12 from her injection.
I learned that you want your vitamins fresh in your system and it is ideal for them to clear within 24 hours. Our body's cook at 98.6 degrees and old vitamins left in the system too long a period become rancid, form free radicals which leads to deformation of cells.
( I am speaking from my own personal observation through a microscope). The sublingual B12 from trivita has good time relase. It dispersed in her blood stream within 12 minutes ( learned through before and after urine testing) and the release lasted for approx 20 hours.
The sublingual from country life brand or vitamin shop is OK . It has a delayed release time of up to three hours I think due to the coating on the tablet and it can take up to 26 hours to clear the system. I always look to giving my child the most purest and water soluable vitamins for quick absorption. My observations were made upon several fingerstick blood draws and urinalysis.
Since my one friend retired, I no longer have access to his lab. I now rely upon Great Smokies Lab to do whatever work-ups I need.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was looking up info on B12 as it helped my 18 month old overcome his speech delay. He was at the marginal levels in which some people have neurological problems. Testing has shown I am also at these marginal levels, despite my taking B12. How do you test the levels yourself. Your post is fascinating. I would love to know more. The whole B12 thing is fascinating. I am so grateful we figured it out but I can't help but feel lucky that we did. It was kind of a fluke. One doctor did a urine test. Another doctor looked at the results. A third doctor did a blood test. Another doctor read the results. I kept on asking who was the doctor who was in charge of vitamin deficiencies. It so falls through the cracks in terms of care and attention.